HEY KIDS, THIS IS ADVERTISING
Playing in the snow is so much fun that you can forget the glare from all that white stuff can damage your eyes. To protect them, make these super fun duct tape snow shades.
- Duct tape
- A ruler or tape measure
- Yarn or string
Here’s what to do:
- Cut four pieces of duct tape to the length between your child’s two temples—approximately 7”. Place them on a table, sticky sides up.
- Place the first strip of duct tape, sticky side up, on top of the second, lengthwise. You should have a 1⁄4-inch overlap.
- Make a double-thick rectangle by placing the third strip of duct tape, sticky side down, on top of the first and the fourth one on top of the second.
Trim the sticky stuff around the edges. Then find the midpoint of the rectangle’s long edge. Use a scissors to cut out a triangle for you child’s nose.
- On either side of the nose, cut thin slits for your child’s eyes. Keep them narrow—that’s what protects the eyes.
- Use a hole punch to make a hole at each end of the goggles, and then loop a piece or yarn or string through both sides. Secure them with a double knot on each side.
- Tie in the back and head outside!