HEY KIDS, THIS IS ADVERTISING
Pebbles Box Castle
Create your own kingdom.
1 Pebbles box
4 toilet paper tubes
String or yarn
Here’s what to do:
1. Open both the top and the bottom and collapse your Pebbles box. Turn it sideways, and cut one end so that you can lay it flat.
2. Turn the box inside out so that the blank side of the box is now showing.
3. Cut the top edge so that it looks like arrow loops, which are the slots along the top of a castle. That’s where archers used to do their thing.
4. Reassemble the box so that the inside is on the outside. Tape the bottom and the sides shut.
5. Glue a turret (toilet paper roll) to each corner of the castle.
6. Cut out 4 construction paper circles. Each should be approximately 4 inches in diameter.
7. Cut out a small triangle wedge —like a piece of pie—from each circle.
8. Bring the inside cuts of each circle together to form cones. Tape them shut on the inside. Then glue them to the top of each tube. You’ve got yourself 4 turrets.
9. If you want to get fancy, you can make flags for each turret by folding a small piece of paper around a toothpick and then gluing it shut around the toothpick. After the glue dries, you can cut the flag into any shape you like.
10. Draw or paint windows and a door onto the caste and turrets. You can also add shrubs, flowers, and vines.
11. Cut a construction paper rectangle the width of your door. Poke a small hole into the far corners. Then tape or glue the near edge underneath the box so that it lines up with the castle door. That’s your drawbridge.
12. Measure the amount of string you will need so that it can reach from the edge of the drawbridge to just above the door, then add ½ inch on each end.
13. Knot the ends of the strings and push them up through the holes on the drawbridge.
14. Poke two holes on each side of the top of the door.
15. Thread the string/yarn through it and then knot it so that the knot is on the inside of the castle.
16. You rule!