HEY KIDS, THIS IS ADVERTISING
Cocoa Pebbles™ Cereal Spring Nests
Make Cocoa PEBBLES™ Cereal Spring Nests for a fun and delicious treat this spring season.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 bag (10.5 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups Cocoa PEBBLES™ Cereal
- 1 bag of mini egg-shaped candy
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted (to adhere the eggs into the nest)
- Over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Add the mini marshmallows and cook until they are completely melted, stirring constantly to incorporate the melted butter. Remove from heat.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract to the marshmallow mixture and stir to incorporate.
- Add 6 cups of Cocoa PEBBLES™ Cereal and mix well to coat the cereal.
- With a spoon, transfer the mixture into a silicone muffin pan and press into the mold to make the birds’ nests. Be sure to press a dent in the center where the candy eggs will go.
- Allow the nest to sit in the mold for about 1-2 minutes to ensure the shape will hold, then pop out of the mold and onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave at 15-20 second intervals, stirring between each interval to make sure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Add about a half-teaspoon of chocolate to the middle of the nest and press the mini egg-shaped candy into the chocolate to adhere them to the nest.
- Allow the nests to dry at least 30 minutes before serving.