HEY KIDS, THIS IS ADVERTISING
Cereal Box Halloween Masks
Upcycle your PEBBLES boxes into Halloween costumes.
- PEBBLES Halloween mask patterns
- Empty cereal box
- Paints and paintbrushes
- Craft knife (use only with an adult’s help)
- Hole punch
- Elastic string (available at craft stores)
- Masking tapeOptional
- Glitter, stickers, and anything else you need to add a little sparkle
- White glue
Here’s what to do:
- Print the patterns and cut them out. You may need to use the craft knife for the eye holes. > DOWNLOAD PATTERN
- Open the top and bottom of your cereal box and then cut along one of the side seams so that you can open the box and lay it flat.
- Use the pencil to trace a pattern onto the inside (blank cardboard) of the box.
- Cut out the pattern. You’ll definitely need the craft knife for the eye holes here.
- Paint or color the front of your mask (the side that’s blank). If you want to add glitter, do it now, while the paint is wet. (If you’re using markers, you’ll need a thin layer of white glue for the glitter.)
- When the paint is dry—give it 30 minutes—line up your mask with the pattern, then use the hole punch to make a hole on each side of the mask.
- Measure the length of elastic string you’ll need. It should be tight enough to keep the mask in place, but not so tight that it’s uncomfortable. Add two inches to both ends.
- String the elastic band through the holes so that you can knot the ends on the inside of the mask. Cut the excess elastic from the knot and secure it to the back of the mask with a tiny bit of masking tape.
- If you’re into stickers, now’s the time to apply them.