HEY KIDS, THIS IS ADVERTISING
PEBBLES™ Cereal Box Guitar
Twang! You’ll be ready to rock with this awesome Cereal Box Guitar.
- 1 PEBBLES™ Cereal box
- 1 empty paper towel roll
- Large rubber bands (different sizes and widths will produce different sounds)
- Wrapping, construction, or scrapbook paper
- Duct tape
- Clear tape
- Pen or pencil
- Craft knife (let the adults be in charge!)
- Markers or other decorations (optional)
- Tape the empty cereal box shut.
- Using the role of duct tape, trace a sound hole on the front of the box.
- Have an adult use the craft knife to cut out the hole.
- Stretch rubber bands—try between 3 and 5 total—length-wise around the box. Make sure you leave room for the towel roll, which will become the guitar’s neck.
- Wrap all four sides of the box in duct tape. Not only will this look cool, it will keep the rubber bands in place.
- Using a pen or pencil, trace a circle that’s a tiny bit wider than the paper towel roll. Then have an adult cut out the circle with the craft knife. The hole should be snug enough that the towel roll will fit inside it but not fall to the bottom or the box.
- Using paper or duct tape, wrap the paper towel roll. Then wedge it into the hole. Secure it with clear tape.
- If you want, add some bling with markers, glitter, stickers or other decorations.